Southeast Federal Center
||U.S. General Services Administration
||Federal Center Associates
- 10% Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
- 20% Small Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (SDBE)
- 5% Women-Owned Small Business (WBE)
Federal Center Associates (FCA) was contracted by the General Services Administration to provide “Developer Manager” services for the Southeast Federal Center (SEFC). The mixed-use commercial complex involves the development of 5-6 million square feet of new Federal office space on 55 acres of land.
Although the Project is now primarily on hold, during the active periods, with the assistance of L. S. Caldwell & Associates, Inc., as Affirmative Action Plan/Equal Employment Opportunity Officer, Federal Center Associates exceeded all of its established subcontracting goals for this project.
Specific programs/strategies developed and implemented by L. S. Caldwell & Associates, Inc. for the Southeast Federal Center Project include:
- Developed the Affirmative Action Plan for the Project; acclaimed by GSA as a model Plan and now used to instruct GSA managers and others in the development of an Affirmative Action Plan/Equal Employment Opportunity Program guide.
- Coordinated efforts of Prime Contractors and various construction associations and organizations toward DBE identification and development of successful DBE relations.
- Arranged and conducted pre-bid [construction] conferences (with special emphasis given to those contracts containing DBE goals) to clarify requirements for Condition of Award to DBE contractors and answer questions concerning the DBE programs and services.
- Provided instruction on monitoring DBE performance and compliance with local, state and federally mandated guidelines as a Commercially Useful Function on projects.
- Developed information regarding the project for public dissemination and interested individuals, organizations and trade associations by way of the Outreach and Public Information Program, including Project Orientation Seminars, Project Newsletter and Pre-Bid Notifications.
- Served as a site location to make available Bid Documents and Drawings to interested contractors
- .Maintained liaison with community-based organizations, trade/employment associations and assistance programs to promote the programs/services offered through the SEFC project.
- Developed and implemented the SEFC Bond Support and Financial Assistance (BSFA) Program.