|Location:||Northwest, Washington, DC|
|Client:||Charles E. Smith|
WestEnd 25 is located at 1229-1231 — 25th Street, NW Washington DC. It was originally a plot of land containing two, 6-story office buildings. The buildings and land were purchased from the Bureau of National Affairs on August 8, 2007 by Vornado/Charles E. Smith. The completed development will be a 10 story luxury apartment building that contains 283 units of which 276 are planned at market rate and 7 affordable units. The redeveloped building sits on top of an existing two-level, 98,000 SF parking garage, suitable to accommodate up to 231 parking spaces.
L. S. Caldwell & Associates, Inc. was retained by Vornado/Charles E. Smith to assure outreach and participation in project planning and implementation; subcontracting and employment opportunities for Washington DC businesses and residents. Throughout the duration of the project L. S. Caldwell & Associates, Inc. is responsible for:
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and reporting for the Contracting and Employment Compliance Program.
- Liaise with DC government to negotiate contracting goals for the Developer.
- Analyzing budget items for CBE participation.
- Developing and implementing a CBE Outreach Program.
- Holding Executive Briefings and Subcontractor Training Workshops.
- Tracking and monitoring contract awards and project expenditures.
- Weekly strategic meetings with the Owner/Developer and General Contractor, as needed, on contractor issues.
- Providing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for submission to DC government.